Friday, September 07, 2007

longing

i dont believe it is the effort of walking

that makes me want to fly

sweating on some

hot dusty road

nothing comes free

and sometimes walking

is my effort of choice

sometimes legs just need stretching

its a cold cruel world

when you cant make choices

im not talking about that

about dodging a reckless car

or hanging onto the mast

after a shipwreck

im talking about who will you find

where you are looking

cause where is surprisingly specific

where determines wholl be there

i mean those of the earth

are found in the city of the road

they roll beside me

trapped in traffic

creatures of the sidewalk

they read books

trying to set their minds loose

upstairs in the library

are anchored to their chairs

littering classrooms with questions

until bells set them free

still to linger outside doorways

grouped by gravity

and on to other questions

but its you who live in the city of the sky

and i want to see you

that makes me want to fly

it is my longing that needs to soar

7 comments:

Shubhodeep said...

nice motional quality to it.. seems to be almost as if you are moving along with your thoughts...

btw just wanted to know... is it possible for lesser mortals to become a part of the blog called spilled to bloodlessness... if so, how?

Anonymous said...

There's a feeling of soaring and breathlessness to this one. Enjoyed, Russell.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hi shubhodeep! I'm delighted it gave you that impression. Thanks for the great comment.

On S to B, I'll be happy to check into it for you. I'll let you know as soon as I find out.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hi Aurora! I'm glad you enjoyed this and thanks for the great comment, sweet lady.

Pat Paulk said...

I don't think we we're designed to be hermits, though some do it very well. Got to have words and skin. Well done!!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Just say no to hermitism, Pat! So words and skin it shall be, my friend. Thanks for the great comment.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Pris for that fine comment!