Friday, December 28, 2007

as we danced

the stuttering thought
struggled through my mind
desperate to finish
and in itself
be smooth as
orator pebbles
in the mouth
of forced disability

was there a sense
that time was answering
its own questions
about dark and light
and lonely

that this great solitude
born in the shadows
of stones
or the fatally blanched
moonlit shadows
of trees
where lurked betrayal

that was the last answer
to the first question
about the third law of thermodynamics
echoing in the shadow
of the solid things
and dancing the dance
of duplicity
with tidal vapors
of emotion
made real by gravity
in the pale night

6 comments:

Pat Paulk said...

Russell, I hope this thought shot out smooth and skipped a zillion times around the world. Absolutely one of your best!!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Pat! I'm glad you enjoyed this. I hope you had a Merry Christmas and the New Year will be bright and beautiful for you. Thanks for that really great comment, my friend.

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Russell/Tucson Poet: Wishing you bright stars, sweet dreams, deep laughter, peace in the middle of a snowstorm, and warm sunny mornings sittin' in the sun. Happy New Year! Don

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hey Don! I'm sitting in sunny Tucson as I write this. Thanks for those wonderful wishes and I hope they all come true for you too! Glad to see your happy comment, my friend!

Russell CJ Duffy said...

Happy New Year Russell! I hope that you had a great festive time. You certainly have finished the year on a bold note with this piece. Smashing stuff.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks CJ! I hope your holiday was all you could have hoped for too. What a great comment, thanks for those words, my old friend!