Sunday, July 01, 2007

blade blood

all this anger drifts skyward as a flaming ball over the darkness of the city night
down below, just above the skyscrapers, sits this dense cloud of raining sorrow
the French horns of screams add a hollow solemness around the buildings
that ephiphinizes nature’s calm acceptance
of right and wrong as existences of equal entitlement -
a place for everything with wrong at the head

oh i am sorry i cannot make this better
i am, after all, just another stupid human
stupider than most because i see what is wrong
and can do nothing

what, i wonder, does it mean to be human, to live in this mess,
behave like trash, and treat each other accordingly
yes i foul myself because i am a course man
forgive me, find in what i say some hope i cannot see

find us a way forward
find something that is not a logical extension of me
find it in your heart to forgive me for writing about it instead of being there

14 comments:

Don Iannone, D.Div., Ph.D. said...

Russell,

Good morning!

And the darkness begats the light, and from that light emerges what the darkness hides, and from this revelation another piece of us is born.

Wishing you well.

Don

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Don! I'm greatful for that interesting comment. I hope all the pieces yet to be born of us will come from some significant revelations. I wish you well also (brother Wildcat).

Anonymous said...

What a powerful write, Russell!

Ruela said...

Bloody great this one.
Explosive!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Aurora! This came from some rather strong emotion! Thanks so much for those warm words, sweet lady.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Wow Ruela! Thanks for that. I'm glad you enjoyed this so much, my artistic friend.

SzélsőFa said...

I've noticed that you have added me to your list of blogs. Thanks for the support.

Pat Paulk said...

May your penance be light, as your honesty is pure.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hi szelsofa! I also enjoy making bread at home but it has been quite a while since I had the time, unfortunately. Your site is wonderful, I enjoy it very much. I'm glad to give you the support - you're entirely welcome.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Pat! Wish I could do more about this mess we live in. Welcome back from your road trip - hope you had a happy fourth. Thanks again for those words, I think I'm pretty dependent on grace.

Russell CJ Duffy said...

punchy. a dark dip. a mirror held up to us, to mankind.
excellent.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks CJ! We are definately mirrors for one another and there's no use pretending this is always a pretty picture. Thanks for that enthusiastic comment, my old friend.

terrymcdermott said...

Thanks for reading my poem. I have never read Geezer, but I read many of your poems. And I have enjoyed all of them.

Russell Ragsdale said...

My Pleasure Terry. I enjoy your poetry. You can find the poem I was talking about here: Geezer