Wednesday, August 22, 2007

the don quixote bar

sitting there alone with all the pretty words

rotating a golden rumitchka

with silky cold of tarnished vodka

all the pretty birds have flown

darkness becomes frighteningly large

another siege of solitary pillow

discovering how huge small noises can sound

trying to narrow down empty space

to what can no longer be called alone

trying to hone down too numerous words

arrow prayers into expanding distance

hope like waiting for an echo

from a night soft as black silk

with tomorrow like a cliff too far

rock-hard and real but tough to see

under rule of empty stool

closing time is here

14 comments:

Ruela said...

pretty words
nice
:)

Pat Paulk said...

"Don" I've killed many a windmill night just like that. Well done!!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Ruela! This is me painting the only way I know how. Glad you liked it and thanks for those happy words!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Hey Pat! Buk didn't drink it all so there is probably a little room left for a few more bar room poets. Seems like I know a candidate or two, my old friend. Thanks for those well crafted words.

arch.memory said...

Very evocative!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Ashraf, I'm glad you found it so. Thanks for that comment and I hope things are going well for you now.

ozymandiaz said...

tis more compelling to fight those devils of air
for those that render truth to our hearts are just
too
damn
scary

Russell Ragsdale said...

Yes-sir-ree-bob you are absolutely right, Ozy! Sometimes all that is left to do is toddle off one's stool and saunter out into that darkness to hold hands with the night. Thanks for that awesome comment, my friend.

Anonymous said...

Great title with a body of a poem to match. Enjoyed, Russell!

gulnaz said...

the pain of loneliness is so tangible in these words.
its a strange pain we all go through, thank god for work and days.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Aurora! Glad this was an enjoyable and thoughtful experience for you. Thanks so much for that great comment, sweet lady.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Gulnaz! You have such a wonderful heart. I have known such sorrow so I can write about it but, thank God, it is not what I am experiencing now. For those who must pass thruogh it, my heart breaks with your pain. For you, my sweet Gulnaz, may you never have to walk that unhappy path again and thanks for such a kind and caring comment!

Ruela said...

Dot very well :)

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Ruela! What does dot mean?