Thursday, August 02, 2007

Waiting (Ghazal)

Dark water runs away in the sunlight
Sad man thinks he has seen you among light

Shrieks and laughter in the yard are calling
Can your hand touch when morning craves sunlight

Breaks are braver than you know, by mercy
Mosques, churches, synagogues search for one light

Barely knowing what to say son turns from
Coffin lid, patient, hid one face from light

Russell’s mind shrieks questions, answers don’t come
Hearts and wrinkles smooth prayer in the numb light

6 comments:

Shubhodeep said...

charming..as always..!! ah i wish i could blog more often just to gain plaesure from reading your blog.

hope u are well.. see you soon at my blog, i hope

Ruela said...

very nice!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks shubhodeep! I am well and hope u r too! I'm looking forward to my next visit to your blog and am greatful for this heatwarming comment! See you soon.

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Ruela! I appreciate the good words!

Tiel Aisha Ansari said...

The carnival is up at http://knockingfrominside.blogspot.com/2007/08/ringing-of-bards-life-death-and-god.html

Thanks for your contribution!

Russell Ragsdale said...

Thanks Tiel for inviting me. I look forward to much great reading.